Ladysmith man charged after 2 taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning
A 51-year-old Ladysmith man is facing charges after two people, including an RCMP officer, had to be taken to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Ladysmith RCMP Staff Sargent Dave Herman says David Alan Hodgkinson is accused of leaving a generator running inside a Ladysmith home, creating deadly levels of carbon monoxide.
Hodgkinson was arrested on September 12, the day the incident happened. He has been charged with mischief endangering life
Herman says the two people sent to Nanaimo Regional General Hospital were released after being treated. Hodgkinson is awaiting a trial date.