VIU sends students notice about overdoses following death in Nanaimo
Vancouver Island University has forwarded a notice to students about a deadly overdose alert from Island Health.
This after a Nanaimo man, in his 30’s died from a drug overdose on the morning of January 8th. Carrie Chassels speaks on behalf of VIU.
The death comes on the heels of a warning from Island Health, the BC Coroner’s Service and Nanaimo RCMP to drug users about a bad batch of drugs that have hit the streets.
Since late December there has been three fatal drug overdoses in Nanaimo.