Tom Mulcair confirmed he will stay on as leader of the federal NDPs until the next leadership convention within two years.
This after a party convention in Edmonton where 48% of grassroots New Democrat delegates supported Mulcair staying on as leader and the other 52% voted to replace him.
Cowichan-Malahat-Langford MP Alistair MacGregor says he supports Mulcair staying in his current role and believes in his leadership abilities.
MacGregor says he looks forward to an exciting leadership race within the party, though he won’t speculate who he thinks is best fit for the role.