Campers are being asked to make sure they are permitted to stay in the zone they are planning to visit, after complaints of camping in residential zones.
Robert Blackmore with CVRD Bylaw Enforcement says most of these complaints are coming from residential areas around Cowichan Lake, and west of Youbou and Honeymoon Bay. He offers some tips to campers planning their trip.
Landowners can also be held responsible for ensuring correct land use.