Listen Live
HomeNews3-Year Old Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushroom

3-Year Old Dies After Eating Poisonous Mushroom

- Advertisement -
That patient, who had consumed poisonous mushrooms in Victoria, prompting a warning from Island Health about the presence of the ‘death cap’ mushroom, has died.
He was a 3 year old boy.
Dr. Richard Stanwick, Island Health’s Chief Medical Health Officer says the boy had ingested the mushrooms almost ten days ago while out on a walk in Victoria.
Stanwick says by Thursday, the boy was transferred to Edmonton for treatment, but he died Wednesday night.
Stanwick says the poisonous mushroom is not native to this province but has been spotted in certain areas….
This is the first recorded death in this province from a B.C. Death Cap mushroom.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading