One of the victims of the apartment fire in Port Hardy last week needs some help to fix one of his four legs.
Last Sunday, the C-block of the Town Park Apartments went up in flames, leaving more than 25 people homeless.
Cindi Ilchuck climbed down a drain pipe to escape the blaze, and her support dog Dex was tossed down to her.
While she broke his fall, he landed badly and broke a joint in his lower leg. Cindi’s mom has started a go-fund-me campaign, to help cover the costs of his surgery in Campbell River.
You can find it here: Help Dex
The town’s Chief Administrative Officer, Heather Nelson-Smith told our newsroom the displaced tenants have been given temporary shelter at the Kwa’lilas Hotel.