Crashes, slippery conditions closes section of Inland Island Highway
Image of snow sourced from Pexels.
The snow in the Campbell River area is starting to cause some major issues for drivers.
The RCMP is reporting that the Inland Island Highway is closed between Cook Creek and Buckley Bay due to slippery conditions and vehicle crashes.
Police say you should avoid the area.
No snowfall warning has been issued at this this time by Environment Canada for places like Courtenay, Campbell River.
The forecast for Campbell River still calls for mainly cloudy with a 70 percent chance of flurries, changing to 30 percent chance of flurries near noon.