‘The Aria’ townhomes nominated for Island Real Estate Board award
The Aria is one of 45 finalists vying for top honours at the 14th Annual Commercial Building Awards (Photo: BluePrintCustomHomes.ca)
A commercial property in Duncan is catching the attention of real estate enthusiasts, garnering award nominations along the way.
The Vancouver Island Real Estate Board (VIREB) currently has 45 finalists vying for top honours at its 14th Annual Commercial Building Awards – one of which is in Duncan.
The Aria is nominated for an award this year.
Commercial, industrial, and revenue-producing projects – including renovations – completed within the VIREB area between January 1st and December 31st, 2020, are up for the awards.
The awards show is virtual for the second year in a row due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and winners will be announced on May 7th.
“We are pleasantly surprised and thrilled by the number of nominations and finalists this year,” adds VIREB’s commercial chair Mike Mullin. “We knew construction continued at a very strong pace last year but didn’t think we’d get more than the previous year’s 43 nominations.”
Other finalists categorized by their communities include:
- Campbell River (7) – Campbell River Airport, BC Transit, Crestview Townhomes, Campbell River Golf Club, Linda’s Place, NEO Apartment Residences, Southpoint
- Chemainus (2) – The Cottages, Vancouver Island Regional Library
- Courtenay (4) – Cubes, Enclave Residences, JRP Solutions, Parkside
- Cowichan Valley (1) – BC Transit
- Ladysmith (1) – Ladysmith Thrift Store
- Nanaimo (20) – Nanaimo Association for Community Living, Nanaimo Airport, Aspengrove School, Caledonian Clinic, Dodd’s Furniture, Minute Men Storage, Nanaimo Affordable Housing Society at 77 Mill Street, Nanaimo Innovation Academy Classroom, North Grove Apartments, Oakwood, Quality Inn, Riverstone Place, SPCA Barn, The Met, The Virage, VI Granite & Quartz, Village Centre, Village on Third Phase 2, VIMHS Rosehill, Wendy’s
- Nanoose (1) – Fairwinds Landing
- Parksville (3) – CRU Building, Gateway Apartments, Sandscapes Apartments
- Port Alberni (1) – CHIMS Guest House
- Port Hardy (1) – Port Hardy Airport
- Qualicum Beach (1) – Qualicum Beach Airport
- Tofino (2) – Hotel Zed, Surf Grove Campground