Listen Live

Search continues to find 38-year-old Nicholas Marion 

Over a month has passed since a 38-year-old man went missing from a house in Youbou, and although formal searches have been called off, his family isn’t giving up. 

Nicholas Marion went missing from a property he was visiting in Youbou after he claimed to be heading out for a walk around 6:30 a.m., on Jun. 30, 2024. 

According to a media release, Marion left without his phone, wallet and ID and was last seen wearing a black t-shirt, black pants, and black Retro Jordan 11 shoes.  

Dory Marion says she has been following up on several tips to find her husband, but so far, the leads haven’t turned up any sign of him. 

“He was confirmed to have been spotted six times the day he went missing near Pine Point Campsite, the Mill site, and Cowan Road near the Maple Grove Campsite,” she says. “He was seen the following day, on July 1, at approximately 4:30 p.m. sitting on the beach. 

“That was the last confirmed sighting.” 

Photo credit: Supplied

She adds recent events had driven her husband to change his behaviour dramatically, which is why the whole family is concerned for his safety. 

“Prior to his disappearance he had been experiencing significant mental health challenges following his mother’s recent passing,” Marion says. “He has been withdrawn and not his usual social, outgoing self. 

“He also has lost a significant amount of weight.” 

Despite searches from the RCMP, Cowichan Search and Rescue and several others being suspended, Marion says she has no intention of stopping her efforts to find her husband and is now looking to expand the search even further. 

“We’ll continue to organize volunteer search teams to follow up on leads, canvas areas, and put up posters and continue to get the word out on social media,” she says. 

According to the release, volunteers have organized the search to include communities throughout Vancouver Island and beyond. 

He is described as 6-feet tall, weighing approximately 170 pounds, with many tattoos including Egyptian and spiritual symbols on both arms.   

Justin Baumgardner
Justin Baumgardner
Justin Baumgardner is a local reporter in the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island, and is based in Duncan. He has worked in radio for over three years, with all of them in British Columbia.He was previously at 91.7 Coast FM in Nanaimo and also has shows on 95.7 Coast FM, and the weekend show on 89.7 Sun FM.When he is not on the air, he can be found travelling the island and enjoying everything that beautiful British Columbia has to offer.

Continue Reading

cjsu Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

B.C. receives first payout of $936M in landmark tobacco settlement

British Columbia has received its first payment as part of a major tobacco settlement with provinces, territories and former smokers. 

B.C. sending 1,600 overdose prevention kits to post-secondary schools

The British Columbia government is distributing 1,600 naloxone kits to public post-secondary institutions in the province. 

Lake Cowichan medical clinic halted after zoning amendments voted down 

Lake Cowichan council will revisit plans to have a medical clinic operate after they voted down a rezoning bylaw.

B.C. approves expansion at Mount Polley mine

British Columbia has approved an expansion project at the Mount Polley Mine, about 56 kilometres northeast of Williams Lake. 

Water testing in Quamichan Lake gets green light from province 

Three aerators will be deployed into Quamichan Lake to test the level of oxygen.
- Advertisement -